Elevate your nutrition with these expert tips.
What are Macros?
First things first. Macronutrients, or macros, are the parts of our diet that are needed in large quantities. These include carbohydrates, fats, and proteins. Our bodies need diverse macronutrients to thrive. The key to eating the right macros is in the caloric ratio of protein, carbohydrates, and fats in terms of calories.
“Eat in 3s”
Thanks to health and fitness experts like our very own Mark Macdonald, we not only know the right ratio to reach our best health and weight, we also understand the importance of timing. This means you need the right amounts of proteins, carbohydrates, and fats, and your body responds best when you eat them at specific intervals.
- Balance — Make sure 1/3 of your daily calories come from each macro group. A simple way to do this is to divide your plate in thirds and fill 1/3 with protein, 1/3 with carbohydrates, and 1/3 with healthy fats.
- Timing — Eat every three hours to help your blood sugar levels maintain a balanced state, also called homeostasis. This, in turn, protects muscle and triggers your body to regularly release stored fat.
Healthy Food Ideas for Each Group
If you need a little help getting started, we have a few suggestions for healthy protein, carbohydrate, and fat options to include on your plate. While this is not a comprehensive list, it should help you get started.
- Proteins: Chicken, egg whites, Kyäni Fit20®, Hemp (plant-based), and lean fish
- Carbohydrates: Fruits like apples, berries, bananas, or melon, and vegetables such as cauliflower rice, squash, and tomato
- Fats: Avocado, natural nut butters, oils, and raw nuts
Get a protein boost with Kyäni Fit20, which features 20 grams of grass-fed whey protein isolate and hydrolyzed collagen.
DISCLAIMER: This information relies upon scientific research on certain ingredients in Kyäni products. None of the studies examined Kyäni products specifically, and there is not necessarily a relationship between the results of these studies and any Kyäni product. Neither the studies nor the statements and products referenced here have been evaluated by the United States Food and Drug Administration. Kyäni products are not intended to, and do not, diagnose, treat, cure, prevent, or mitigate any disease or condition.